Visit Our Press Kit and Calendar: sonicbids.com/gopherbaroque/
Mail: Dawn Callan/Gopher Baroque
902 Braelorne Place, Kingston, On, Ca K7P 1N4
Phone: 1-(613) 384-3394
Buy Gopher Music Online
Shipwrecked Whisky http://cdbaby.com/cd/gopherbaroque/
Holdin’ Down the Fort http://cdbaby.com/cd/gopherbaroque2/
Multilingual purchase assistance (cds still produced in english): Spanish; French ; German; Italian; Portuguese; Japanese; Korean; Chinese (simplified); Chinese (traditional)
What has six feet and over 20 instruments?
Gopher Baroque - an excellent acoustic trio!
We are three seasoned performers who have grown together in music and friendship. We simply love to share our tunes and good times entertaining adults and families. From main stage at the festival to intimate coffee houses we are at home in a variety of show formats. Original/Contemporary/Historical ... and always entertaining music!
We are now entering our 16th year and have become known as an excellent acoustic blend trio which features Canadian, original and traditional works framed in three part harmony! Our original music and arrangements combine roots (Celtic and others) with contemporary sounds, wisdom, wit, style and fun.
Each venue, demographic and contract dictates the body of each set. All of our shows feature harmony and instrumentation. Our performances incorporate a variety of tempos, styles and topics. From the humorous to the thought provoking, Gopher Baroque is always entertaining and unique.
What A Proud Bunch!
Gopher Baroque has been pleased to accept several honours over the years:
- We won the "Morbid song of the month" contest so many times the event was cancelled and we were presented with mini caskets.
- We are honoured to have a North American Folk Alliance award for education through folk music.
- In 2003, we were chosen to showcase at the North East Region of the North American Folk Alliance.
- Factor has awarded Dawn Callan with four new songwriters’ grants for compositions featured on our CD “Holdin’ Down the Fort”.
- Dawn has attained the distinction of: Founding Laureate Member of the International Society of Poets. Her ballad "It's Colder Tonight" from "Holdin' Down the Fort" has been selected as both the lead poem in "Twilight Musings" 2005 International Library of Poetry and published in the Canadian contemporary poetry compilation "Surfacing" as an example of a Canadian ballad.
New Recording Available: Shipwrecked Whisky;
Double Album: Holdin’ Down the Fort:
Other Recordings: In the Best of Traditions, Fish in the Sea, Gopher Folk,
and Gopher Kids
Over 16 Years of Moving Music!
It's not possible to recap 20 years of friends and festivals in one small space! So we have given you a truly random selection of events and adventures which reflect the variety and geography of our appeal: Zumbrota Mn, Balls Falls Festival, Earth Air, Fire and Water Festival, Marmora On, Thompson Festival Man, Watertown - NY, Atlantic Earth Festival, Citadel Halifax, Jefferson College - NY, Museum of Civilization, CBC/SRC, Township of Kanata, Nathan Phillips Square, Sarnia, Fort Henry, Music Fest Bethlehem - PA, Portland Village Music Series, Home County Folk Festival, First Night: Peterborough & Kingston, Vital Spark Folk Club, Maplewood Mn, Tommy Makem @ the Grand Theatre, 1000 Islands Festival, Global TV, Summerfolk, Grand Bend, Upper Canada Village, Folk Night Deep River, Blades of Glory, Wasaga Beach, Millrace Festival, Minneapolis Mn, NERFA/Catskills Ny, Eaglewood, Horseshoe Valley Folk Festival, Festival of Friends .... To any past employers and permanent friends not on this list - we still care and love you!